[BoulderCouncilHotline] 4775/4649 Spine Road

Yates, Bob YatesB at bouldercolorado.gov
Wed Jul 22 13:29:17 MDT 2020

Council Colleagues:

As I turn my attention to next week's city council meeting, I note that Concept Plan Review for 4775/4649 Spine Road identifies the applicant as Coburn Partners, but the current property owner as Celestial Tea Corporation. I do not know the economic relationship between the two, or whether Celestial Tea Corporation will be a co-developer of the proposed project. But, I assume that Celestial Tea Corporation is a subsidiary or affiliate of the publicly-traded company The Hain Celestial Group, Inc. (Hain).

My wife and I own a small number of shares of Hain in our retirement account. While the City Attorney has advised me that my ownership in Hain is so small as to not constitute a conflict of interest under applicable law, I still believe that it would be best for me to recuse myself from the Concept Plan Review portion of next Tuesday's council meeting. I will certainly join you for the rest of the council meeting, before and after that item.

Best,

Bob