[BoulderCouncilHotline] Re: Pedestrian death/ and community safety

Joseph, Junie JosephJ at bouldercolorado.gov
Sat Jan 11 07:16:28 MST 2020

Hi Rachel,

My condolences to the family of the victim. I am so glad to hear that you are also interested in this issue. The issue of community safety is my number one priority and part of my work-plan for the retreat. With your support and that of my fellow council-members, I am requesting staff to examine/ research traffic turn management strategies that prioritize pedestrians and bicyclists (in high collision areas). And you are right, it is important that we take steps to ensure Vision Zero. We are all pedestrians when we are not driving. Everyone should be safe when getting around town.

With my highest regards,
Junie