[BoulderCouncilHotline] Re: Meatless Mondays: Small Diet Changes Have Big Climate Effects - Bloomberg

Morzel, Lisa MorzelL at bouldercolorado.gov
Wed Sep 25 07:03:09 MDT 2019

Dear Kara

Thanks for your response. I appreciate it and am aware of the food waste element and glad that is in there. But  also including a component that specifically addresses the cattle industry and the massive amounts of methane generated by this species that contributes significantly to our greenhouse gas emissions is important as well. As discussed in the editorial, we eat massive amounts of beef. We seem to tip toe around that. It’s more to educate so people are aware and can reduce their intake.

Thanks