[BoulderCouncilHotline] CVB information

Morzel, Lisa MorzelL at bouldercolorado.gov
Wed Oct 2 11:34:41 MDT 2019

Dear Kady and MaryAnn

First, thank you, Kady, for being so responsive to my questions yesterday regarding the budget.

I have a few additional questions regarding the Convention and Visitors Bureau:

1. How much tax revenue has CVB collected in 2018, 2017, and 2016?

2.  How was that tax revenue spent? And how much of that was returned to the city’s general fund?

3.  What percentage was kept by CVB and how was that spent?  Who made the decision on how that percentage was spent? Was there public notice to the general public when monies were being considered for distribution to different entities so that interested parties in the general public could apply for some of those monies?

4.  I understand there is a board which oversees CVB. How is that board selected and why is that board not under the purview of the City Council since the money collected is tax revenue?

Thank you 🙏.

Lisa

Lisa Morzel
Member, Boulder City Council
303-815-6723 c
303-938-8520 h

How far we humans as stewards of the Earth have fallen.