[BoulderCouncilHotline] Council appointment to Chautauqua

Morzel, Lisa MorzelL at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Mar 12 11:27:10 MDT 2019

Dear Council,

Currently I serve as one of two council appointees to the Colorado Chautauqua Association; one seat held by a council member (me) and the other by a member of the public (Star Waring).  We both have 3-year terms.  I was appointed in March 2016 and started serving in September 2016.  In our board and commission appointments, I forgot to ask council to appoint another council member; that person’s term would begin in September.

CCA is a 15-member board.  Twelve of its members are either appointed by the CCA board or elected by CCA membership.  One member is appointed by the cottagers living at Chautauqua.  All newly appointed members begin their terms in September.

Council will need to address the new council appointment in the near future. There will be no new cottager-appointed board member this year.

I request CAC to schedule a discussion about who on council wants to serve on CCA beginning in September 2019.  We discussed this briefly at CAC yesterday and it was suggested council wait to appoint this council position after November when we have council elections. That is not congruent with the rest of the CCA board schedule and the CCA orientation that is given in September.

thanks

Lisa

Lisa Morzel,
Member of Boulder City Council

303-815-6723

"We interact with one another as individuals responding to a complex haze of factors: professional responsibilities, personal likes and dislikes, ambition, jealousy, self-interest, and, in at least some instances, genuine altruism.  Living in the here and now, we are awash with sensations of the present, memories of the past, and expectations and fears for the future. Our actions are not determined by any one cause; they are the fulfillment of who we are at that particular moment.  After that moment passes, we continue to evolve, to change, and our memories of that moment inevitably change with us as we live with the consequences of our past actions, consequences we were unaware of at the time." The Last Stand, Nathaniel Philbrick

"Politics is what we create by what we do, what we hope for, and what we dare to imagine."
Paul Wellstone (1944-2002)

"The basic principle in planning a city is that it should be designed for human beings."
Dennis O'Harrow, former long-time executive director, American Society of Planning Officials