[BoulderCouncilHotline] 30th Street hotel callup

Weaver, Sam WeaverS at bouldercolorado.gov
Sat Mar 2 09:45:49 MST 2019

Fellow Council Members and HOTLINE followers,

I will be moving to call up the concept plan for the 30th Street hotel project at our March 5 meeting.  Among other issues I would like to address at a call-up are building design, transportation connections, 1200 new daily vehicle trips, the assertion that Boulder hotels are at 100% daily occupancy, and the use in this location.

Speaking of the need for affordable housing, check out this approach for good design, no poor doors, and appealing layout for subsidized housing projects in England: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/01/arts/design/hackney-london-public-housing.html

In Boulder, we won't need the occasional high-rise buildings of a London suburb to get us to similar great design and economic integration results - the mid-rise and low-rise versions would be great here in accordance with our Charter requirements.

All the best,

Sam Weaver
Mayor Pro Tem
Boulder City Council