[BoulderCouncilHotline] Multicultural Center

Young, Mary YoungM at bouldercolorado.gov
Mon Feb 11 11:11:35 MST 2019

Dear Colleagues and Community,

As we move through community discussions regarding the future of the old hospital site, I recalled that the West Senior Center is slated for a new location. In thinking about the Senior Center, it occurred to me that the idea of a multicultural center has been brought up time and again. In fact, it was a use proposed for the Holiday Neighborhood in 1999.

Art Figel, one of the Human Relations Commissioners, forwarded to me the attached documents.

If the Senior Center were to be considered as a use for the site, perhaps it could combine uses or be defined more broadly to accommodate the use as described in the attached documents.

Thank you.

Best,

Mary Dolores Young

“We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly.” ~Martin Luther King Jr.

Begin forwarded message: