[BoulderCouncilHotline] Re: Orchard Grove

Morzel, Lisa MorzelL at bouldercolorado.gov
Sun Feb 10 11:57:44 MST 2019

Thanks, Adam

While addressing the current situation is critical, we need to look at the long-term solution for Orchard Grove. It has long been recognized by the previous local owner, the city, residents of Orchard Grove, and management and current ownership (Riverstone) of Orchard Grove that the infrastructure is failed if not already failed. I think at this point Orchard Grove have experienced 7 ruptures. Not acceptable.

Mary Young has been monitoring this situation at Orchard Grove since last Monday so thank you to Mary for her vigilance on this. Additionally city staff have been working there since Wednesday.

I will be at our council agenda-setting meeting tomorrow and also will request a special meeting on Tuesday so that council can discuss current as well as next steps.

I am so sorry this has happened. This situation could have been totally avoided if proper maintenance has been implemented over time by the property owner.

Lisa

Lisa Morzel
Member, Boulder City Council
303-815-6723 c