[BoulderCouncilHotline] Re: landmarked Lund Cottage photo 1918 1/2 Pearl (in alley)

Morzel, Lisa MorzelL at bouldercolorado.gov
Wed Aug 21 12:46:19 MDT 2019

Thank you, Crystal

Our smaller structures are as important, if not more, than the larger structures we often landmark, all of which I’m in favor. The important and critical thing about the smaller structures is that they reflect more the true character and history of what Boulder was and how it was able to settle and grow as a community. If it had not been for the miners, the chefs, the teachers, the farriers, our strong neighborhoods where former slaves, now contributing citizens, lived, the workers on which made our town, we would not be the town we are. And how very quickly and thoroughly we have allowed the demolition and erasure of the smaller structures and more important chapters of our town’s history.

Sad and very unfortunate.

Lisa

Lisa Morzel
Member, Boulder City Council
303-815-6723 c
303-938-8520 h

How far we humans as stewards of the Earth have fallen.