[BoulderCouncilHotline] 2 requests related to Use Tables agenda and Marijuana Advisory board

Morzel, Lisa MorzelL at bouldercolorado.gov
Fri Aug 16 10:18:02 MDT 2019

Dear CAC,

I have 2 requests that I ask CAC to consider for our meeting on Tuesday, August 20:

1.  Since council, staff, and the community were ready to discuss the Use Tables last Tuesday (and due to the time taken up by discussing vaping), we removed Use Tables and jettisoned it to some later date (October?), I would like CAC to put the Use Table discussion on our August 20 meeting, next Tuesday.

2. Under matters, I plan on raising the seating of the Marijuana Advisory Board on this Tuesday night.  I would like to have the MAB seated much sooner than through next year's appointments.
One thing that is of concern is the timeline coming up regarding publicly traded companies which will occur statewide in November and then delivery and public consumption items that will be legal come January. These are just a few issues coming forward statewide. Delaying seating the MAB will put our businesses in Boulder at a distinct disadvantage to other communities in the state.  I assume we can appoint some of the current members of the Marijuana Advisory Panel to the new MAB.

Thank you!

Lisa

Lisa Morzel,
Member of Boulder City Council

303-815-6723

"We interact with one another as individuals responding to a complex haze of factors: professional responsibilities, personal likes and dislikes, ambition, jealousy, self-interest, and, in at least some instances, genuine altruism.  Living in the here and now, we are awash with sensations of the present, memories of the past, and expectations and fears for the future. Our actions are not determined by any one cause; they are the fulfillment of who we are at that particular moment.  After that moment passes, we continue to evolve, to change, and our memories of that moment inevitably change with us as we live with the consequences of our past actions, consequences we were unaware of at the time." The Last Stand, Nathaniel Philbrick