[BoulderCouncilHotline] Additional questions and requests re: Towing

Young, Mary YoungM at bouldercolorado.gov
Sun Nov 4 20:39:16 MST 2018

Hi Tom,

I am following up on some previously posed questions that were not addressed in the second reading memo (additional elaboration on some):

1. Residents reported tow trucks with headlights off trolling the parking lot in the middle of the night. Could this activity be conditioned/prohibited/limited?

2. Could the city require require bilingual signage?

3. Could we consider a local licensing requirement? Because of the limited number of companies currently operating within the city, could the licensing fee be set low with a high penalty for violation?

4. If profit sharing between management company and towing company is alleged/suspected, who holds the burden of proof? Could language be added to the ordinance to address?

5. Similarly to above, how would an investigation be initiated and who would conduct? Does the ordinance need language to facilitate an investigation? Could the city collaborate with DORA on this?

Where appropriate, would appreciate additional amendments available on the dais on Thursday. Thank you.

Best,

Mary Dolores Young

“We are caught in an inescapable network of mutuality, tied in a single garment of destiny. Whatever affects one directly, affects all indirectly.” ~Martin Luther King Jr.