[BoulderCouncilHotline] Carbon sequestration presentation next week - City of Boulder and Boulder County

Weaver, Sam WeaverS at bouldercolorado.gov
Sat Mar 17 17:18:13 MDT 2018

Fellow Council Members and HOTLINE followers,

The City of Boulder and Boulder County have been made aware of efforts in other places, including Marin County, California, to sequester carbon in agricultural and forest soils.  This practice can take many forms, including the use of man-made biochar and terra preta used as fertilizer or other soil amendment.  The City and County responded to this information by commissioning a study by Colorado State University about using these techniques in Boulder County, which is recently completed, and the final report is now available.  The results of this study will be presented in Boulder, and the public is invited to attend.

The City of Boulder and Boulder County welcome you to attend a community wide presentation during our Resource Conservation Advisory Board (RCAB) meeting on Wednesday, March 28th from 4:45-6:30 at the Boulder County Recycling Center - 1901 63rd St. Boulder, CO.

Any questions about this study or the report or the presentation can be directed to Leigh Ratterman (lratterman at bouldercounty.org<mailto:lratterman at bouldercounty.org> ).

I have attached a copy of the final report to this email message.

All the best,

Sam Weaver
Member of Boulder City Council
weavers at bouldercolorado.gov<mailto:weavers at bouldercolorado.gov>