[BoulderCouncilHotline] Re: Long's Gardens - Twomile Canyon Creek Flood Mitigation Study

Arthur, Jeff ArthurJ at bouldercolorado.gov
Fri Mar 16 15:25:15 MDT 2018

Mary,

The model that we are using for Monday is a bit of a hybrid that has evolved over the last several years as we’ve worked with WRAB to improve public engagement.  WRAB has the item scheduled as an “information item” which is probably most similar to a City Council study session.  Staff will provide a presentation and the board will have the opportunity to discuss and share their thoughts on the mitigation study and next steps.  There isn’t a proposed motion or recommendation under consideration that they would formally deliberate or vote on.  That being said, some community members have found it frustrating to provide testimony under open comment at the start of a WRAB meeting without having the opportunity to first hear the staff presentation and initial board questions.  To better accommodate that, we intend to allow public comment between the staff presentation and WRAB discussion.

At some future date, WRAB would consider an action item i.e. “Public hearing and consideration of a motion recommending that city council accept . . . “ where they would deliberate and vote on a recommendation.   That meeting would have public notice, a separate public hearing, etc.  That type of WRAB agenda item would typically have a refined set of alternatives and a staff recommendation.  The time needed to prepare those alternatives for consideration is largely dependent on feedback received through the current phase of the public process.   We anticipate that it will be a least a few months before WRAB considers a recommendation, but it may be longer if they request substantial additional analysis.

Jeff