[BoulderCouncilHotline] Re: CAC Summary for Monday, June 18

Morzel, Lisa MorzelL at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Jun 19 11:51:27 MDT 2018

Hello again council members

I trust you by now have had an opportunity to review the CAC minutes from yesterday. You will notice that our next meetings, both study session and business, are fully or overloaded and extend beyond the times that this council unanimously agreed to meet in January at our retreat.

Under matters for mayor and members of council tonight, I plan to raise this issue yet once again. As I have said repeatedly and the reason why Council voted unanimously to end our business meetings no later than 11 PM wrapping them up around 10:30 PM and our study sessions no later than 9 PM is because the public, the staff, and the council do not do well in policy discussions and decisions at late hours of the night. Additionally there are only so many subjects an individual can absorb and fully comprehend in order to make a sound decision.

I am asking council members to come prepared tonight to discuss our future agendas. While I mean no disrespect to the CAC and understand they are doing their best job, I think we as a full council need to have this discussion. I would ask ccouncil to look at their calendars, look at the CAC minutes from yesterday, and come prepared to discuss whether 1) we want to continue to have meetings extending toward midnight and after, 2) are there items that could be removed from our meetings and instead put in an informational packet, or 3) do we want to consider having some special meetings back to back with our regular meetings?

In all honesty, tonight's meeting on 311 Mapleton should have been a special meeting but it is tonight and we will deal with it how we can. There are many issues tonight that need some address and unfortunately with 311 Mapleton this makes for a very long meeting.

Thanks

Lisa

Lisa Morzel
Boulder City Council Member