[BoulderCouncilHotline] Re: Poll for Thurs, July 12 meeting instead of Tues, July 10

Morzel, Lisa MorzelL at bouldercolorado.gov
Mon Jun 18 13:16:22 MDT 2018

Hello council members

We are continuing to creep away from our agreement we made at our January retreat with respect to length of our business meetings and our study sessions. As evident in the proposed study session for July 12, we have three not two issues that are on the agenda and the study session is scheduled to end at 9:45 pm, not 9 pm as agreed.

I propose that we take off of our agenda the municipalization out reach update and put that in the information packet. Removing this item from the agenda and putting in an IP will help conclude our meeting at 9 pm as agreed by the entire council in January and verified again in February.

I will remind everyone that too many issues and too late evenings do not make for good decisions by council, are very hard on staff, council, and the public in terms of ability to work the following day, and is not good public process.

Thanks

Lisa

Lisa Morzel
Member, Boulder City Council