[bouldercouncilhotline] Brief discussion on Condo Conversions

Young, Mary YoungM at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Sep 19 13:00:38 MDT 2017

Dear Colleagues,

As part of the continued second reading of the repeal and replace of the IH ordinance, I would like to have a brief discussion regarding condo conversions.

It is my understanding, through conversations with Kurt Firnhaber, we cannot currently compel additional deed restricted units as part of a condo conversion. However, I would like to have the conversation in order to provide guidance for staff to explore future incentives that would encourage condo conversions to create deed restricted units.

I understand that a financial analysis would need be necessary in order to understand what level of encouragement would be needed to create this outcome.

Sam and I have identified two types of condo conversions: pre and post IH ordnance apartments.

Just a heads up.

Thank you.

Mary Dolores Young

"All ethics . . . rest upon a single premise: that the individual is a member of a community of interdependent parts . . ." - Aldo Leopold