[bouldercouncilhotline] Re: RESPONSE_PIANO: Public Piano in Boulder

Morzel, Lisa MorzelL at bouldercolorado.gov
Sat Sep 16 09:21:20 MDT 2017

Thanks, Matt and Mr. Jacobs, for raising public pianos.

We have one up at the Hillside shops on the southeast corner of Broadway and Quince near Lucky's Market, Logan's espresso, China Gourmet, and DaGabis. It's very cool. I'm not sure where it came from but one day a plain piano appeared in the courtyard and a woman started painting it with color. The painting was completed, the piano was "opened for use", and now anyone and everyone comes to play the piano. It's incredible and sometimes beautiful small spontaneous concerts are heard   Very nice!

Lisa

Lisa Morzel
Member, Boulder City Council
303-815-6723 c