[BoulderCouncilHotline] Proposed amendment to ordinance 8216

Carr, Thomas CarrT at bouldercolorado.gov
Mon Nov 20 17:28:59 MST 2017

At the request of council member elect Grano, I have drafted some potential amendment language for the mobile home ordinance for potential council consideration tomorrow evening.  Amendment B is my proposed language.  Jill favors retaining the language in attachment A.  The issue for me is the meaning of "quiet enjoyment."  We have a code provision that prohibits disturbing quiet enjoyment.  My office has struggled with interpreting this, because it is subjective.  As originally drafted, quiet enjoyment could be read to mean sitting in a chair reading a book.  It would be easier to enforce a more specific standard or a general reasonableness standard.

Tom