[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Affordable Housing Myths and Facts

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Mar 7 08:12:36 MST 2017

Sender: Young, Mary

Dear Colleagues and Hotline followers,

There is much debate in our community as to whether density provides affordability, whether height provides affordability as well as many other related questions and assumptions.

The link below is to a brief and very readable document from the California Department of Housing and Community Development that may be helpful. As I read it, I found that arguments on both sides of the issue are correct and some incorrect.

https://www.losgatosca.gov/DocumentCenter/View/2716

Best,
Mary Dolores Young