[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Housing again

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Jan 10 16:18:00 MST 2017

Sender: Morzel, Lisa

When other comment I have to make about housing tonight is that I would truly like our staff to look into the price point and energy efficiency manufactured housing. And I'm not referring to manufactured single-family homes or mobile homes. I know the Boulder County Housing Authority looked at this model in previous years forward their project I think in Lafayette and it was several million dollars cheaper to construct that apartment building doing so using manufactured housing and it was far more energy efficient. I was sent anonymously an email where a former Boulder County Housing Authority employee laid this all out and I am happy to share that documentation. For some unexplained reason the County Housing Authority decided not to pursue this option and unfortunately the employee was terminated in his employment. But other cities are using manufactured housing for larger buildings and are saving money and saving energy for their buildings

I'd like to see the city consider this option.

And last but not least I will put in a plug for developing another mobile home park in the city.   When it comes to housing we need to be able to offer options.

Thanks

Lisa

Lisa Morzel
Boulder City Council Member