[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Fascinating article on unexpected climate change effects

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Mon Sep 12 07:39:53 MDT 2016

Sender: Weaver, Sam

Fellow Council Members and HOTLINE followers,

Referenced here is a fascinating and very disturbing article concerning some emerging findings regarding the effects of rising temperatures on human activities and perceptions.  Negatively impacted are business productivity, human emotions, academic performance, and social violence.  It is becoming increasingly clear that the impacts of climate change are even more far-reaching than initially projected.  Scientists have somewhat anticipated geo-technical impacts like sea-level rise, ocean acidification, and increased drought, wildfires, and intense storms.  Effects not necessarily documented initially include the impacts on the human psyche of changes to our thermal environment.

I would encourage you all to take the ten minutes needed to begin to appreciate these findings:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/11/opinion/sunday/temperatures-rise-and-were-cooked.html

All the best,

Sam Weaver
Member of Boulder City Council