[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Proposed Changes to 55th & Arapahoe Annexations

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Mon Oct 31 16:02:22 MDT 2016

Sender: Young, Mary

Dear Council Colleagues,

Sam and I met with several representatives from the 55th & Arapahoe MJ businesses at noon today. We listened to their concerns and would like to propose the following changes/conditions to what is before us tomorrow night. We have asked Tom to amend the documents and make these changes available for approval tomorrow night.

Proposals:

1. That businesses be allowed to transfer or sell a license in whole for the duration of the two years in which the businesses are allowed to come into city code compliance.

    a. the city will develop a process for managing the transfer and sale of a license

2. That the exemption to city codes include chapters 6, 13 and 14a in addition to chapters 8-11

3. That the businesses be granted a conditional city MJ license on Day 1 of the annexation

        a. the city will develop a process for enforcing state code

4. The city will re-convene the Marijuana Advisory Panel (MAP) to address the following:

    a. licensing requirements within the city for laboratory operation

    b. other items that may be identified between now and the MAP convening

5. Allow for permanent grandfathering of existing building layouts

6. Allow for changes to building layouts if the proposed layout moves towards conformance with code and that such conformance does not affect the two year conditional license

Thank you.

Mary Dolores Young
Mayor Pro Tem

"All ethics . . . rest upon a single premise: that the individual is a member of a community of interdependent parts . . ." - Aldo Leopold