[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Re: Potential Amendment to Ordinance 8154 (Short Term Rentals)

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Thu Nov 10 08:04:34 MST 2016

Sender: Yates, Bob

Tom:

Since I will not be at this evening's City Council meeting, let me offer my comments on the short-term rental license ordinance (Ordinance 8154):

1.  I support the ordinance with the amendments that you suggested yesterday, including the proposal to pass the ordinance on an emergency basis this evening.

2.  When the preliminary draft of the ordinance was provided to Council a couple of weeks ago, I corresponded with you about changes that I recommended, including proof of residency by sworn statement and limiting the non-profit exception to those organizations with 501(c) status and a charitable purpose consistent with operating a STR.  Thank you for making those changes in the final draft of the ordinance that Council will consider this evening.  I am happy with those revisions and I support Ordinance 8154 as written, with the amendments you suggested yesterday.

Best,

Bob