[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Museum of Boulder Groundbreaking

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Nov 1 12:39:33 MDT 2016

Sender: Yates, Bob

Council Colleagues:

I hope that you will join me on Wednesday, November 16, at 8:30 am, at the groundbreaking for the new Museum of Boulder.  On that morning, the 72-year-old Boulder History Museum will open a new chapter in its service to our community, launching a new museum in the former Masonic Lodge building at Broadway & Pine. The new Museum of Boulder will not only explore Boulder's past, but will celebrate its present and help plan its future, with interactive social and science exhibits, the Google Maker Space, traveling exhibitions from around the country, and a separate floor dedicated just for kids.  More than a decade in the making, the Museum of Boulder could not have been launched without the vision and leadership of the City Council, the City Manager, and the Boulder voters in passing Ballot Measure 2A in 2015, matching dollar-for-dollar community contributions with up to $4 million in taxpayer support.  Come celebrate this leadership and participate in a truly historic event, breaking ground on the new museum that our community wants and deserves.

Best,

Bob