[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Questions/requests for height amendment to charter

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Wed May 11 11:37:41 MDT 2016

Sender: Morzel, Lisa

Last night the majority of council voted to direct staff to come back with some proposed language for a height limit modification.

Three requests:
1. Since this is a land use matter, I'd like to receive planning board input on this this. Can this be scheduled for a Planning Board discussion before language returns to council?

2. One of the basic reasons this issue even arose was because of the lack of community benefit currently present in the civic use site proposal.  I'd like any language associated with this come back for consideration with a community benefit provision. The city still does not define community benefit; it seems kind of basic that we have some discussion of community benefit prior to moving forward.

3.  Also as I. mentioned last night, I would like include discussion of sustainability elements.

Thanks

Lisa

Lisa Morzel
Member, Boulder City Council

303-938-8520 h
303-815-6723 c

"We interact with one another as individuals responding to a complex haze of factors: professional responsibilities, personal likes and dislikes, ambition, jealousy, self-interest, and, in at least some instances, genuine altruism.  Living in the here and now, we are awash with sensations of the present, memories of the past, and expectations and fears for the future. Our actions are not determined by any one cause; they are the fulfillment of who we are at that particular moment.  After that moment passes, we continue to evolve, to change, and our memories of that moment inevitably change with us as we live with the consequences of our past actions, consequences we were unaware of at the time." The Last Stand, Nathaniel Philbrick