[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Articles about cost of housing

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Mon May 2 07:31:16 MDT 2016

Sender: Burton, Jan

Attached is an interesting new article from Economist Magazine about out-of-control housing prices and some possible solutions:
http://www.economist.com/node/21696949

Attached is another article from sightline.org with much of the same message, and included documents that reference similar solutions.
http://www.sightline.org/2016/04/20/how-exclusionary-zoning-robs-our-cities-of-their-best-qualities/

Can we make a difference as a Council? I believe we can, and we should begin on Tuesday night. I will bring alternative proposals to studying it for another 6 months.

Regards,

Jan Burton
Member of City Council