[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Mobile homes modular homes part of the middle income housing strategy

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Wed Mar 30 12:39:02 MDT 2016

Sender: Morzel, Lisa

Councilmembers,

A category of housing that I forgot but had intended to raise last night as part of our middle income housing strategy was how important mobile homes, manufactured housing, and modular homes on a permanent land trust are to our middle income individuals.  When you consider many of the individuals who live currently in our mobile home parks, many are teachers, counselors, city and county employees, shop owners, and all kinds of other professionals.  In our BVCP, it states the city will continue to preserve and protect mobile home/manufactured housing parks and will establish new ones.  All to often, many assume mobile home parks are just for the very poor but that is hardly true.  Many of our middle income professionals live there as well with no subsidy whatsoever.

I request that considering mobile home / modular solutions for housing be considered as one part of our middle income strategy.

Thanks

Lisa

Lisa Morzel,
Member, Boulder City Council

"We interact with one another as individuals responding to a complex haze of factors: professional responsibilities, personal likes and dislikes, ambition, jealousy, self-interest, and, in at least some instances, genuine altruism.  Living in the here and now, we are awash with sensations of the present, memories of the past, and expectations and fears for the future. Our actions are not determined by any one cause; they are the fulfillment of who we are at that particular moment.  After that moment passes, we continue to evolve, to change, and our memories of that moment inevitably change with us as we live with the consequences of our past actions, consequences we were unaware of at the time." The Last Stand, Nathaniel Philbrick