[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Family Income Distribution 2013

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Mon Jan 25 07:27:12 MST 2016

Sender: Young, Mary

Colleagues,

I would like to call your attention to page 63 of the Boulder County Trends magazine (you each received a copy this weekend). I have attached a screen shot of the table on Family Income Distribution for 2013.

The table crystallizes the reason for the immense price pressure and lack of accessibility of housing for those making under $150,000 per year. In Boulder County, 26% of families make over that amount while in the U.S. overall only 13% of families exceed $150K/year. Yet, the middle ($50K - $149K annually) is pretty much identical in both cases, 51% and 49% Boulder County and U.S., respectively.

Regards,

Mary Dolores Young
Mayor Pro Tem

"All ethics . . . rest upon a single premise: that the individual is a member of a community of interdependent parts . . ." - Aldo Leopold