[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Race-Implicit Association Test (IAT)

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Mon Feb 22 07:20:26 MST 2016

Sender: Young, Mary

Colleagues and friends,

Having just finished reading the Hillard Heintze report regarding police data and the professional police review panel, I was compelled to follow-up on a test that I had read about a while ago and had been meaning to take.

Project Implicit is a non-profit organization and international collaboration among researchers who are interested in implicit social cognition - thoughts and feelings outside of conscious awareness and control. The goal of the organization is to educate the public about hidden biases and to provide a "virtual laboratory" for collecting data on the Internet.

The test is simple and takes about 15 minutes. Well worth taking in advance of our upcoming discussion on Tuesday night.

https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/takeatest.html

Regards,

Mary Dolores Young
Mayor Pro Tem

"All ethics . . . rest upon a single premise: that the individual is a member of a community of interdependent parts . . ." - Aldo Leopold