[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: RE: Boulder Chamber Letter to City Council - Liquor Occupancy Tax: Relief Request for Local Breweries , Wineries and Distilleries

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Mon Dec 5 11:46:46 MST 2016

Sender: Jones, Suzanne

Dear Andrea et al—

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention (and to Bob Yates for underscoring its timeliness by texting me about it).

We can bring this issue up under Matters at tomorrow’s Council meeting (tho it won’t be til quite late in the evening). We will see where the rest of Council stands, and depending on the outcome, could give direction to staff about our preferred course of action, which could then theoretically be voted on by emergency ordinance at our final meeting of the year on December 13th.

Based on the information I know at this time, it does seem reasonable to me that we could come to a better outcome along the lines being suggested that is fairer to our local microbreweries, wineries, and distilleries.

Thanks again for raising this timely issue. I am going to post this response and your original letter to Hotline so the public can follow this issue as well.

Cheers,
Suzanne

Suzanne Jones
Mayor, City of Boulder