[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: RE: Questions re: Water Damage

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Fri Apr 22 09:11:24 MDT 2016

Sender: Appelbaum, Matt

I’d like to add some rather different questions to Jan’s list below (I’ve included her email simply to keep all the questions in one place):

Essentially, I’m still not quite convinced that only single-family homeowners should pay into this fund on the grounds that they will benefit most from it.  That’s not how we fund other city activities, such as flood control or even police and fire protection.  So I’d like to get a sense of the different effective rate increases if we charge other categories of water users, including (separately and together) multi-family residential and business.  In addition, I’d like some quick analysis, if it’s easy to do, of charging not just a fixed, identical, monthly amount for each customer, but an incremental percentage charge based on the fixed (non-usage) part of the water bill, since that theoretically represents the potential usage (and thus the strain on the system’s pipes) for each customer.

Thanks --Matt