[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Item 6A Housing Boulder - My Comments

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Sep 1 11:31:32 MDT 2015

Sender: Young, Mary

Dear Colleagues,

As I will not be present at tonight's meeting, I would like to provide you with my comments regarding the Housing Boulder memo.

First, many thanks to staff for identifying those strategies that can move forward in parallel with the Boulder Valley Comprehensive Plan (BVCP) update and those that should not. It would make prudent sense to include or at least think about how the 2015-2016 Action Plan would proceed should the Neighborhood Right to Vote (NRTV) charter amendment pass. At a minimum, the Action Plan should acknowledge the possibility. It is omissions such as this that are the source of frustration for the charter amendments to begin with.

Just two additional comments related to the Projects, Partnerships and Governance section 5:

1. With respect to c neighborhood pilots, the city is aware that there are known co-op housing projects currently functioning within the city. We should move quickly to move those into official pilot status. It would give current residents some measure of stability and I know that they would be more than willing to work together with the city on the types of regulations and metrics we could put in place to allow more of this housing option while at the same time work with neighborhoods on the same.

2. With respect to e housing strategy governance, this would be a good section from which to give serious consideration to sub-community plans and area plans for identified areas of change and could provide a strategic direction should the NRTV amendment pass.

Thank you.

Mary Dolores Young

"All ethics . . . rest upon a single premise: that the individual is a member of a community of interdependent parts . . ." - Aldo Leopold