[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: DMO of the Year award

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Mon Nov 9 09:11:23 MST 2015

Sender: Appelbaum, Matt

Colleagues - Quite unexpectedly - particularly since I'm not a member of the organization, although I apparently have many friends who are - I was named the 2015 Democratic Municipal Official of the year - as described in the attached press release.  The DMO is active nationally, and typically holds meetings at the National League of Cities spring and fall conferences (which I just attended).  Although we of course are nonpartisan councilmembers, as are probably most local officials, the DMO considers municipal officials who are nonetheless Democrats.  I was selected as the DMO official for October, and then in a vote of the membership, somehow was chosen as the 2015 official of the year.  As with most such awards, the lion's share of the recognition goes to you and the city of Boulder for all of the great things we've accomplished, particularly in the realm of climate change and sustainability.
--Matt