[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Re: Neighborhood Partnership Grant Program Update

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Mon Nov 2 15:52:19 MST 2015

Sender: Morzel, Lisa

Dear Amanda,

First, this communication should be posted on hotline so please do that.

Second, I would offer a different perspective than Matt regarding the "usual suspects".  The announcement for a neighborhood partnership grant was made public so anyone can apply. Obviously people who have been involved are going to apply and they should so I would not shunt nor discourage those who applied to apply. People who have applied have done so for a specific reason so that is great!

The city should not be in the position of cherry picking the grants from their wanted neighborhoods but should have an open inclusive process whereby anyone who feels the need to apply for a grant can do so with the unbiased help of your office.

I just wanted you to hear from another council person who is very involved with the neighborhoods and came into council from that perspective.

"We interact with one another as individuals responding to a complex haze of factors: professional responsibilities, personal likes and dislikes, ambition, jealousy, self-interest, and, in at least some instances, genuine altruism.  Living in the here and now, we are awash with sensations of the present, memories of the past, and expectations and fears for the future. Our actions are not determined by any one cause; they are the fulfillment of who we are at that particular moment.  After that moment passes, we continue to evolve, to change, and our memories of that moment inevitably change with us as we live with the consequences of our past actions, consequences we were unaware of at the time." The Last Stand, Nathaniel Philbrick