[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Mobile Homes Update

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue May 5 16:24:44 MDT 2015

Sender: Carr, Thomas

Council member Morzel asked that I provide an update on my progress on mobile home issues at tonight’s council meeting.   Because the agenda is full and the evening will likely run late, I thought I would provide an update on hotline.

I have drafted an RFP for legal counsel, but I have not issued it.  At Mayor Appelbaum’s suggestion, I contacted the director of clinical programs at CU law school.  She is on leave this semester, but agreed to discuss the opportunity with the clinical instructors to see whether this is a good fit for them.  She promised to get back to me next week.  I think that this would be an exciting and effective opportunity to address this need.  I did not want to have an RFP pending in the event that this possibility materialized.

My understanding of council’s direction with respect to the ordinance was to allow some time to see whether Mr. Miller’s standstill agreement affected the situation.  I am monitoring those developments and planned to bring something back after the council recess.   If council would like me to advance this project, I would be happy to do so.

Tom