[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: 747 12th Street Contacts

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Mar 3 10:45:04 MST 2015

Sender: Shoemaker, Andrew

Pursuant to my discussion at CAC, I am listing my ex parte contacts/research concerning 747 12th Street:
(1) Site visits;
(2) Visits to properties landmarked over owner objection: 1980: 2032 14th Street – Boulder Theater; 1990:
 646 Pearl St – Arnett-Fullen House; 1998: 1949 Pearl Street – Campbell Grocery; 2007: 1936
 Mapleton Avenue – Frakes House; 2007: 3231 11th Street
 – Chambers Cottage
(3) http://www.dailycamera.com/ci_14165816
(4) http://www.thehillboulder.com/history-of-the-hill/
(5) http://www.denverpost.com/search/ci_6024584?source=infinite
(6) https://bouldercolorado.gov/osmp/cultural-resources-sanitas-hike
(7) www.dailycamera.com/lifestyles/ci_26523551/boulder-health-destination-1800s-tuberculosis
(8) Silvia Pettem, Boulder: A Sense of Time and Place, “Cereal Thriller Kellog Brought Health Foods to Boulder,”(1st Ed. 2000)
(9) Email to Carol Taylor where I asked the following: “Carol, I hope all is well.  My wife, Lisa, told me that on the tour she attended with you this past Fall, you identified to her the location of the sanitarium on the Hill that immediately preceded the one at 4th and Mapleton. Do you know the location of that sanitarium on the Hill?  Thank you so much,"
And I received the following answer: "Yes!  12th and Euclid, 1005 12th Street, Boulder Sanitarium Boarding Home where the D house is now.  It operated from about 1893-95, until replaced by the Boulder-Colorado Sanitarium."