[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Item 6C re Trinity Commons--and parking

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Feb 3 11:25:11 MST 2015

Sender: Cowles, Macon

I was surprised to read in the DMC’s pre-retreat communication to Council DMC’s  concern that Council does not understand that Downtown Parking is not subsidized by the general fund. There are many ways in which the City happily supports the Downtown, in addition to parking, and that do involve the General Fund—such as policing.

If staff has a document that sets forth the things that the DMC believes we should have in mind, the Council would welcome the opportunity to read it. I can always use a refresher on the relationships that sustain the Downtown. But what contributes to the vitality of the downtown is of course far more involved than simply stating that downtown parking fees pay for structured parking, without any reference to the general fund, and without reference to the importance of DBI, the BID, DMC (of course) and
 Parks, to name several of the important players.

Macon Cowles
Boulder City Council Member
1726 Mapleton Ave.
Boulder, Colorado 80304