[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: More information on the emergency declaration before council tomorrow

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Aug 18 08:38:26 MDT 2015

Sender: Carr, Thomas

CAC asked me to provide additional information regarding the emergency declaration that will before council at tomorrow’s meeting.  I am attaching a copy of the declaration.   The declaration is for the period between May 4 and June 16, when the city was affected by severe rainstorms and some flooding.  The most significant damage was to the city’s principal waste water interceptor, which required repairs and relocation estimated to cost approximately $220,000.  Boulder County only recently reached the level of damage necessary for federal assistance.  The city’s declaration was necessary for the state to certify Boulder County for federal disaster assistance.  Under state law any local disaster declaration must be issued by the chief administrative officer and confirmed by the governing body.   Thus, staff will be asking council to approve the attached declaration by motion under Matters from the City Manager.