[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Boulder Convention and Visitor Bureau: Proposed Memorandum of Understanding and Revised Bylaws

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Fri Mar 28 15:33:04 MDT 2014

Sender: Plass, Tim

Colleagues--
As the City Council representative to the the Convention and Visitor Bureau (CVB) Board, I wanted to bring to your attention an ongoing process that the CVB and the Boulder Chamber of Commerce are currently evaluating. A joint CVB/Chamber task force has
 been meeting to clarify the roles, responsibilities and relationship between the two entities. The task force believes it has achieved a win-win situation for both the Chamber and the CVB. One of the main themes of the effort has been to give the CVB as much
 autonomy as possible, while assuring that the Chamber has proper financial oversight as the CVB's fiscal agent.

I have attached to this email the proposed new bylaws for the CVB as well as a Memorandum of Understanding between the two parties. One particular area of the revised bylaws that I want to draw your attention to is Section 2: Composition of the Board.
 As currently drafted, the City Council representative to the CVB would be a non-voting
ex oficio member appointed by the mayor. This provision may be worthy of council discussion at some point.

Please contact me if you have any questions or comments.

Tim

Tim Plass