[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Project List prior to the September 2 Meeting

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Thu Aug 28 13:29:08 MDT 2014

Sender: Weaver, Sam

Macon and Mary, thank you for the questions to staff.  I would second Macon and Mary’s requests for this information, and would further
 ask staff to also include the projects that they are aware of that are currently in the planning process and that will require either staff level or Planning Board level discretionary review.  I would also request that staff add to Macon and Mary’s list of
 requested information the number of residents or workers who will be housed in or work in each project.

Since staff will be unable to respond to this request for information by next week, I will provide some relevant information that I have at hand.  The list
 of major projects of which I am aware that are either being built or in the approval process (and which may be incomplete and/or inaccurate in a few particulars) is below.  I do not believe this list includes any by-right projects being built or planned currently,
 except perhaps two affordable housing developments, as indicated in the list.  I think interested Council members could start with this information if they want to make site visits, and then whenever staff can get the additional information, Council members
 can review that as well.  We can use this list as one piece of information to guide our discussions on Tuesday until staff can get us more complete information.

1)
Daily Camera Building redevelopment, 10th and Pearl (300+ workers, height exemption given, FAR bonus given, proceeding)

2)
13th and Walnut redevelopment (150+ workers, height exemption given, possibly a FAR bonus given, proceeding)

3)
18th and Pearl, SW corner, expansion (additional office spaces, height exemption given, proceeding)

4)
28th and Canyon, NW corner, Golden Buff redevelopment (100+ workers, 2 hotels, height exemption given, proceeding)

5)
28th St Frontage Rd, First Christian Church redevelopment (height exemption given, student housing, proceeding)

6)
28th St Frontage Rd, Outlook Hotel redevelopment (height exemption given, student housing, proceeding)

7)
Junior Academy subdivision – Mapleton Hill area (proceeding)

8)
Lee Hill near Broadway, fire training center redevelopment, subdivision (proceeding)

9)
28th and Kalmia, Spark project residential development (proceeding)

10)
Gunbarrel near Diagonal Hwy, residential development (proceeding)

11)
Gunbarrel, Avery Brewing facility (proceeding)

12)
Jewish Commons community center, East Arapahoe (proceeding)

13)
Trinity Lutheran housing development, downtown (proceeding)

14)
Transit Village (multiple projects – hotel, residential, mixed use, many given height exemptions, many proceeding, some in review)

15)
26th and Canyon (hotel, height exemption requested, site plan review scheduled)

16)
30th and Pearl, SW corner, Pearl Place project (350+ workers, 2 buildings, height exemption requested, site plan review scheduled)

17)
Pearl and 30th, SE corner (hotel and housing, height exemption requested, FAR exemption requested, area plan exemption requested, second concept review scheduled)

18)
Baseline and 26th (300+ workers, 2 office buildings, height exemption requested, all office in mixed-use residential-serving commercial zone, concept plan review completed)

19)
Canyon and 15th, James Travel site redevelopment (mixed-use, height exemption requested, site plan review scheduled)

20)
Armory project,  North Boulder re-development (height exemption likely to be requested, density exceptions likely to be requested, mixed use, concept plan review completed)

21)
30th and Valmont, Sutherlands Lumber redevelopment Spark West (height exemptions likely to be requested, mixed use, concept plan review scheduled)

22)
Western Disposal expansion (site plan and use review scheduled)

23)
St. Julien expansion and civic use space (height exemption likely to be requested)

24)
Mapleton Hospital redevelopment (likely to be subdivision)

25)
Palo Parkway new development (affordable housing subdivision development, possibly by right)

26)
Wallace property between Folsom and 28th on Valmont (affordable housing subdivision development, possibly by right)

27)
Ongoing development projects to annex and develop Hogan Pancost property as new subdivision

28)
NE corner of Pearl and 30th, Pollard redevelopment – City site

29)
Discussions of Naropa expansion, including possible Area II annexation

30)
Expanded development targets for BHP under new strategic vision (up to 2800 units)
All the best,

Sam Weaver
Member of Boulder City Council
weavers at bouldercolorado.gov