[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: US36 MCC letter to RTD re NAMS consensus position

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Oct 29 13:40:00 MDT 2013

Sender: Appelbaum, Matt

Colleagues – I’ve attached a letter that was sent to RTD from the US36 Mayors and Commissioners Coalition regarding the MCC’s consensus position on future transit investments in the NW corridor.  We discussed this at our previous council
 meeting, but this memo provides more detail.  It is important to note, of course, that implementation will require a significant source of new revenue – most likely from the MPACT64 statewide transportation ballot issue under consideration, which council has
 many concerns about, including the sales tax rate and potentially the list of roadway projects.  Absent significant new revenue, the MCC offers a preferred approach that is briefly described in the letter’s penultimate paragraph.

There is much work to be done in order to shepherd this consensus approach through the various bodies that will determine its success, including the Metro Mayors Caucus, MPACT64, CML, and, of course, the voters who get the final say.  I
 think the MCC consensus position is a good one for Boulder, the corridor, and the entire region, and I know the MCC will be united in working towards its full implementation.  If you have any questions or concerns, please contact either me or Tracy Winfree.

--Matt