[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: FW: 2014 Boulder Legislative Priorities

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Wed Nov 27 07:40:23 MST 2013

Sender: Weaver, Sam

All,

I wanted to take a moment and correct my suggestion #3 for our legislative agenda this year:

I had written:

3) Support for state and federal policy that protects excessive customer charges by utilities for net metering of distributed generation, especially renewables and efficiency generation.

I should have written:

3) Support for state and federal policy that protects
AGAINST excessive customer charges by utilities for net metering of distributed generation, especially renewables and efficiency generation.

Also, in support of my suggestions about oil and gas regulations, I would like to draw attention to a new study in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences published this week.  It indicates that the US is likely to be emitting 1.5 times as much
 methane into the atmosphere as the EPA currently estimates, much of it from oil and gas extraction operations.  It makes aggressive control of these harmful emissions an even bigger local, state, and national issue.

http://wvpubcast.org/post/us-may-be-producing-50-percent-more-methane-epa-thinks

http://www.pnas.org/content/early/2013/11/20/1314392110

All the best,

Sam Weaver