[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Transportation Maintenance Fee

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Jun 18 14:45:58 MDT 2013

Sender: Cowles, Macon

Good afternoon, Council.

I appreciate receiving specific proposals on ballot initiatives via the Hotline as we prepare for the meeting tonight. It is helpful to have the clarity of thought that goes in to specific proposals, including KC's proposal last week relating to several
 issues.

I want to apprise everyone that I will be moving to direct staff to prepare a ballot initiative that would establish a TMF at the $5MM level, provided that the ballot measure contains a commitment that the money be used for maintaining and improving travel
 surfaces and the use of travel surfaces for motor vehicles, bikes and pedestrians. I think the ballot language should contain a commitment by the City that the money will be equitably used to rebuild surface transportation facilities across town. in every
 neighborhood and district.

Macon Cowles
Boulder City Councilor