[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Election Code changes

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Jun 4 08:48:00 MDT 2013

Sender: Cowles, Macon

I do not agree that Item 5C should be pulled from the agenda for tomorrow night. KC asserts that the Political Committee changes are not ready for Council action, but she does not
 make the same assertion as to other parts of the Election Code that need to be updated--and soon.

If Council wishes to defer adopting either Option A or Option B with respect to Political Committees, then Council can nonetheless adopt the rest of the proposed changes in Ordinance 7904, excepting only those provisions related to Political Committees.
 If that were to happen, then we would adopt Ordinance 7904 with the following deletions in the attached redlined version of pages 191-200 of the packet--ADDING, of course, the enforcement provisions that I laid out in my Hotline on Thursday, May 30, 2013 at
 4:42 PM with the subject line, "Enforcement of the proposed provision requiring shareholder approval of corporate expenditures in City elections."

I am attaching pp. 191-200 from the packet showing the requisite deletions relating to Political Committees in redline--if that is the way Council chooses to go.

Macon Cowles
Boulder City Councilor