[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Questions regarding Item 3D UHGID and Del Mar MOU

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Dec 17 08:06:56 MST 2013

Sender: Young, Mary

Hi Molly,

Thank you for following up on my email to the Council Agenda Committee.
Here are my questions regarding Item 3D UHGID and Del Mar MOU:

1. We currently do not have any kind of plan for how and in what way we would like to see the Hill evolve. I would like to understand how this project would affect the area given this situation.

2. Did the parking analysis take into consideration our climate action goals?

3. Did the parking analysis take into consideration our transportation goals?

4. Did the parking analysis take into consideration that students are discouraged from bringing cars to campus and that those that do are encouraged to "store" their cars off site?

5. Did the parking analysis consider driving trends in general?
http://www.uspirg.org/sites/pirg/files/reports/A%20New%20Direction%20vUS.pdf

6. Since we are essentially providing the land for the housing, will we have a say in the type of housing we'd like to see?

7. I understand that the city will eventually collect property taxes and revenues from the parking, but I would like to fully understand how beyond that, this presents a good deal for the city.

8. What are the contingency plans if the revenues from the parking don't materialize?

Thank you again.

Mary Dolores Young
Boulder City Council
youngm at bouldercolorado.gov