[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Question for City Attorney on Bonding Authority for Municipal Utility

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Mon Nov 5 12:17:53 MST 2012

Sender: Wilson, Ken

Tom,

I have the following question that might eventually apply to a municipal electric utility.  Does the Boulder City Council have any legal restraint from guaranteeing revenue bonds issued by the city for a municipal utility?

I believe Harrisburg PA is having big financial problems because the city guaranteed bonds for a big incenerator project.  I have had questions from members of the community as to whether there is the possibility of Boulder having the same problem.

Thanks,

Ken