[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: RTD Board Meeting

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Fri Jun 29 08:50:25 MDT 2012

Sender: Appelbaum, Matt

Colleagues - Following up on the RTD FasTracks update at our last council meeting, attached is the final letter sent to RTD from the US36 MCC, as well as an interesting/depressing "bubble" map showing FasTracks funding by corridor.  Commissioner Toor and I spoke during public participation at the RTD Board meeting this past Tuesday, generally reiterating the main points in the letter.  I specifically noted that the current RTD paradigm of "build as much as you can as fast as you can" was inappropriate, would result in even more regional inequity, and is contrary to the equity requirements of the FasTracks ballot issue.  We were well received, I think, and the one comment from a Board member (our topic was not on the agenda) was quite positive.
--Matt