[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: Charter Committee

cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov cmosupport at bouldercolorado.gov
Wed Apr 18 14:23:36 MDT 2012

Sender: Cowles, Macon

I am on the Charter Committee, which had a public meeting yesterday afternoon.

There is one additional charter amendment idea that I would like to see considered at the Study Session April 24: mainly, a requirement that people or entities that are paid to lobby the City Council or speak on issues before the Council be required to register with the City as lobbyists. In connection with considering the formation of a municipal utility, we had several people appear before the Council to speak on this topic who did not identify themselves as paid lobbyists or consultants, but who later did appear as paid by an organization or entity in connection with their service. It might be a good idea to have an open and public disclosure of the status of paid representatives so that their point of view is not confused with that of volunteers.

Macon Cowles
Boulder City Councilor