[bouldercouncilhotline] HOTLINE: Agenda for tonight's West TSA meeting

kohls at bouldercolorado.gov kohls at bouldercolorado.gov
Wed Mar 30 14:14:10 MDT 2011

Sender: Susan Osborne

Dear colleagues and interested citizens,

At CAC on Monday, we began to talk about an agenda that would allow an orderly and productive discussion that would lead to a decision on the West TSA plan that is before us tonight.  After conferring with most of you, I'd like to suggest the following approach.

1. Short introduction - mayor

2. Identification of open space policies, regulations and practices that effect the West TSA plan recommendations but were not a part of the CCG's considerations. (1 hour)

The intent here is to allow council at the outset to develop a list of those policies, regulations and practices that we wish to discuss with our staff and the OSBT in the near future. These may bear directly on West TSA decisions, but apply to all of our open space system.  Matt's e-mail yesterday included several of these - green tag program changes come to mind. Last evening, Crystal mentioned the current policy toward for-profit contractors using the city's open space as another example of a possible change to consider.

Long discussion isn't called for here.  Rather, a brief description of the issue would be helpful.  This would allow later speakers to simply indicate agreement and we would be able to get a good picture of which may be council future agenda priorities. All motions would be to adopt the recommendation; any amendments would need a second and a vote (no "friendly" amendments to original motion)

  The Table of Contents for the plan has 5 substantive sections, excluding the summary, background and glossary.  I suggest that we could fairly quickly move to adopt the area-wide recommendations, trail recommendations, visitor infrastructure recommendations and monitoring sections.  This would be particularly true if in preparing for tonight's discussion each of us would organize our notes and proposed amendments in this way. A motion to adopt would be put on the floor and any amendments considered.

3. Consideration of a motion to adopt the WTSA Area-Wide Recommendations (pg 5)

4. Consideration of a motion to adopt the Trail Recommendations (pgs 7-27)

5. Consideration of a motion to adopt the Visitor Infrastructure Recommendations (pgs 51-61)

6. Consideration of a motion to adopt the Monitoring program (pg 63)

That leaves the Recreation Activity Recommendations to consider.  Again we should take each of the 6 activity areas separately, and hopefully fishing, sledding and hang-gliding won't take too long...
:-)

7. Consideration of a motion to adopt the Recreational Activity Recommendations (pgs 35-49)

- dog management
- horseback riding
- mountain bike riding
- hang gliding/para-gliding
- sledding
- fishing

Adjourn! or look to adopt the entire plan, with amendments, by acclamation...

Will this work for you?

Thanks,

Susan M. Osborne, Mayor
Boulder, Colorado