[bouldercouncilhotline] Hotline: FW: some comments on franchise

kohls at bouldercolorado.gov kohls at bouldercolorado.gov
Tue Jun 7 15:41:41 MDT 2011

Sender: Lisa Morzel

From: lisa morzel [mailto:lisamorzel at gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 07, 2011 1:49 PM
To: Morzel, Lisa
Cc: Council
Subject: Re: some comments on franchise

Additional comments on franchise proposal

While xcel is proposing to provide Boulder a significant amount of the mix to be wind, there are issues w this   The 200MWh will being to xcel to it's 30% renewable goal, its base is still coal which will have a significantly high co2/mwh ratio and will do little on a broader scale to reduce the general ghg emissions. We can do better

If I were there tonite, I would not support giving the promised but v late in arrival proposal a placeholder for this fall's election as I am concerned that this will only serve to confuse the voter. No need for confusion at this point.

The proposal to form a municipal electric utility that will be coming next week from our staff is too exciting and full of real promise and potential to control our energy choices and  sources, to generate significant revenue, to create tons of jobs in a diverse energy field in boulder, and to finally become truly independent without control from xcel and the puc is too great right now to turn a new direction dictated by xcel.

I do not support a vote in favor of creating a placeholder for this proposal.

Back to the local volcanoes. Photos coming this afternoon.

Ciao for now

Lisa